The Course shall be called Two Year Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.,) Programme. Under CHOICE BASED CREDIT SYSTEM (CBCS) AND CONTINUOUS ASSESSMENT GRADING PATTERN (CAGP)
The Bachelor of Education degree programme (CBCS Scheme) is primarily designed to prepare efficient and committed secondary school teachers with special training in moral and spiritual education. The Course is aimed at helping aspiring student teachers develop competencies and values in the context of changing educational needs and understand effectively his role as a teacher. The whole scheme is geared to realize the following objectives:
- To understand and analyze the essential principles and values of education.
- To understand the system and practices of education in our country.
- To understand the nature and problems of secondary school students.
- To develop Value sensitivities.
- To train in planning, executing and evaluation processes of teaching.
- To develop a spirit of patriotism, professionalism, experimentation and scientific temper.
- To create an awareness on importance of teacher in educational reconstruction and reforms.
- To develop adequate competencies in school subjects.
- To build human capital by learning across disciplines.
- To provide learner centred approaches in terms of pedagogies.
- To ensure high quality in teaching and learning process.
- To ensure transparency in evaluation.
- To make learners as knowledge practitioners.
- To make things happen by encouraging students endowed with talents to acquire skills.
- To reinforce assimilation & creative utilization of information while solving problems in day to day life.
- To reduce the stress of students at the term-end examination